Health Promotion & Screening
Our practice nurses work every day Monday to Friday and hold surgeries to promote health promotion and screening including:
- Asthma clinic – All patients should be seen at least yearly Make an appointment with the Nurse and bring along your inhalers.
- Epilepsy – All patients should be seen at least yearly but Doctor may ask you to come in more often to review your medication.
- Contraception pill, injection checks.
- Chlamydia Screening tests for both Men and Women are kept in our patient toilet, these can be used by any of our patients and can be handed in discreetly over reception.
- Coronary heart disease / MI check ups. Please make an appointment at least once a year with Nurse.
- Diabetes clinic – We like to see our Diabetic patients once a year to help them manage their condition Please make an appointment with Nurse.
- Diabetic Retinopathy eye checks annually with your chosen optician ask Nurse or reception for a list of opticians providing this service.
- Screening Health Checks Dietary/alcohol/exercise advice – Make an appointment with the Health Care Assistant, bring along a urine specimen to check for diabetes
- Hypertension clinic Make an appointment with Nurse or health care assistant for regular Blood pressure checks.
- Immunisations (baby and holiday vaccinations ) See our Immunisation page.
- Minor Surgery – Joint injections can be done in the surgery by one of our Doctors. Please make an appointment if you would like to discuss getting an injection.
Health care assistant
The health care assistant supports the practice nurses and does well person checks, hypertension, spirometry, ECG’s and some injections.
Page last updated: 21 January 2019