Health Promotion & Screening
Our practice nurses work every day Monday to Friday and hold surgeries to promote health promotion and screening including:
- Asthma clinic – All patients should be seen at least yearly. Make an appointment with the Nurse and bring along your inhalers.
- Chlamydia Screening – Tests for both Men and Women are kept in our patient toilet; these can be used by any of our patients and can be handed in discreetly over reception.
- Coronary heart disease / MI check-ups – Please make an appointment at least once a year with Nurse.
- Diabetes Clinic – We like to see our Diabetic patients once a year to help them manage their condition. Please make an appointment with the Nurse.
- Diabetic Retinopathy – Eye checks annually with your chosen optician ask the Nurse or reception for a list of opticians providing this service.
- Epilepsy – All patients should be seen at least yearly but the Doctor may ask you to come in more often to review your medication.
- Hypertension clinic – Make an appointment with the Nurse or Health Care Assistant for regular blood pressure checks.
- Immunisations – (Baby and holiday vaccinations) see our Immunisation page.
- Minor Surgery – Joint injections can be done in the surgery by one of our Doctors. Please make an appointment if you would like to discuss getting an injection.
- Screening Health Checks & Dietary / Alcohol / Exercise advice – Make an appointment with the Health Care Assistant, bring along a urine specimen to check for diabetes
- Sexual Health – Contraception pill checks, depo injection checks.
Health care assistant
The health care assistant supports the practice nurses and does well person checks, hypertension, ECG’s and some injections.
Page last updated: 4 August, 2021