Booking an appointment
Depending on the time you require to be seen, we offer the following services:
- At the Surgery
- Surgery extended hours for evening and weekend appointments at different surgeries locally.
How to register for EMIS
If you wish to register with EMIS to book your appointments online then please following this link to register but for these services you also need to register at the surgery in order to be allocated your log in and password.
- You will be required to provide 2 forms of identification. One that gives your current address and one with a recent photograph
- Please bring the required documents into the surgery to register and we will provide you with your log in and password.
- To register for these services you must be over 16 years of age.
Once you have your log in details you can order repeat prescriptions by following this link.
Click here to find out what to do when the surgery is closed.
1. Surgery appointments
Doctor’s appointments run from 8.30am to 5.50pm daily Monday to Friday.
How to make an on-the-day appointment on the day
If you feel you have an urgent problem and you need to be seen on the day you will need to ring the surgery at 8am, the receptionist will ask you a brief reason for the appointment, this is so they can signpost you to the appropriate service whether it is a doctor’s appointment, physiotherapy appointment or directing you to the Pharmacy First Service.
All children under 5 years of age needing an appointment on the day will be given an appointment by the receptionist.
Appointments in advance
You can continue to book an appointment in advance up to 2 weeks ahead with the Doctor of your choice please ask the receptionist for what is available.
Surgery times vary through-out the day so please check at reception for available times.
You may see any of the Doctors but if the doctor of your choice is not available we will offer you the first available appointment with another Doctor.
Please remember that an appointment is 10 minutes in length and for one person only. If you cannot attend the appointment please remember to CANCEL it.
Telephone consultations are available with a Doctor or Nurse . Please ensure that your problem is suitable for a telephone consultation and ask the receptionist to arrange a telephone consultation for you.
2. Evening and Saturday morning appointments – Surgery extended hours
If you require an appointment early evening or Saturday morning you can book an appointment at one of the other General Practice Extended Hour’s bases. This can be made up to two weeks in advance, in the evenings and on Saturday mornings.
Please call the GP Extended Hours Service on 01244 385 422.
Appointments are available as follows:
Monday to Friday:
- 18:30 to 21:30 in Chester and Ellesmere Port
- 18.30 to 20:00 in Helsby (2 evenings, Monday and Tuesday)
- 18:30 to 20:00 in Tarporley (3 evenings, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday)
- 18.30 to 20:00 in Malpas and Neston (2 evenings Monday and Thursday, start date to be arranged)
- 09:00 to 14:00 in Chester, Ellesmere Port, Tarporley
- 09:00 to 12:00 in Malpas and Neston (start date to be arranged)
- 10:00 to 15:00 in Chester and Ellesmere Port
- 09.00 to 14.00 in Tarporley
Nurses and Health Care Assistant are available from 8am to 6pm.
Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP)
Advanced Nurse Practitioner appointments are available on the day and pre-bookable 14 days in advance. These clinics are run by a highly skilled Nurse Practitioner who is able to help with many illnesses such as sore throats, ear ache, chest infections and urine infections. The Nurse Practitioner has the ability to prescribe, and in the event that you need to be seen by a GP urgently she will be able to allocate you an emergency appointment that day. The ANP is able to refer you for such things as x-rays, podiatry, ENT etc.
If you require a same day appointment with a Nurse Practitioner please telephone the surgery from 8am or you can book online.
One Person, one appointment
It may be tempting if you have family members with you to ask about them as well, but the time available is limited. If you take longer than the appointment time, patients after you end up being seen late.
The practice has a high number of patients who don’t bother to turn up for their appointments. Please remember to cancel your appointment if you find you can’t attend.
We are unable to see patients who arrive late for their appointments. It is Practice policy if you arrive late for your appointment you will have to re-book.
Page last updated: 10 December, 2018